It was a pleasure to be invited as a Speaker at the DevOps++ Global Summit, and present my views on the Key Success (and Failure) modes for Large Scale DevOps Transformation, based on the patterns that I have seen across multiple organizations. My session slides can be viewed here.
It was also great to be able to hear other speakers and capture some Key Takeaways below:
- DevOps is all about positive economic outcome and benefit to the people, though wrapped up in too much technical tooling jargon by eager vendors.
- DevOps is more about the mindset, human aspects relationships and only then about methodologies and frameworks.
- Automation should be about automating the right thing, the right way, at the right time.
- Micro services architecture enables the DevOps ways of working and complement the Cloud architecture, compared to monolith applications.
- Lean principles, especially Value Stream Maps, are a key element in identifying the process debt and wastes, which slow down E2E delivery.
- Continuous Deployment/Monitoring workshops wrt. popular tooling using Docker, Prometheus, Ansible etc.
- Salesforce stack development and deployments aided with Jenkins, Gitlab, Qualitia.
If you attended this conference, do drop in a link to your notes below in the comments.
Subscribe to my blog for more, and feel free to share your feedback here.